Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finally, a satin pillowcase!

Behold, the satin pillow "cover" purchased today from Bed Bath & Beyond:
Finally!

So I'm about four years overdue in buying these for my sweet Caroline.  I looked at some on Amazon but the least expensive one was about $8+ and this one from BB&B was only $3.99 (regular price), so that was a deal.  I purchased three, two for her and one for me.  Maybe my hair won't look so scarecrow-y in the morning either.

I did read on the Amazon product reviews that these pillowcases can be hot, but we'll risk it! Also, I figured out that these are called pillow covers versus true pillowcases (with an open end) because the pillow insert would eventually slip out of a normal pillowcase.  This pillow cover I bought today has a zipper but it's nicely covered under a flap and won't catch in Caroline's hair.  Because that's all we need...

I hope to report good results from the satin pillow cover. Maybe it will help alleviate the crazy Einstein look that so often appears at the breakfast table.

UPDATE 3/22:
Can't say that I've seen any real results or improvement.  I think Caroline has secretly rejected the pillow with the satin pillowcase and is using something else.  I bought myself one and can't say that I'm impressed either - and I have been sleeping on it.  Perhaps this is an item where buying cheaper doesn't pay off and I'll need to try a real silk pillowcase for her (if I can convince her to actually use it).

2 comments:

  1. Was Caroline's hair always curly up top or is that a result of LAS? Is there a better way to communicate with you (via email)? I have tons of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon, Caroline's hair has become increasingly curly as she's gotten older. At 2 it was still sort of wispy. By 3 and 4 it was definitely wavy. Now, it's mostly curly but there's a day now and then that it's not as curly. It's interesting.

    I am happy to answer questions. You can email me at sweetcarolinelas [at] gmail [dot] com.

    (Address spelled out to prevent automated spam). Take care and thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete